Our North Central London Integrated Care System vision for workforce is for there to be ‘One Workforce’ delivering joined-up, preventative and person-centred care for North Central London.
The NCL People Strategy was developed to set out how we will develop an integrated approach towards the development of ‘One Workforce’ across NCL’s health and care providers. The People Strategy is aligned with the NHS Long Term Plan, the NHS People Promise and the wider ICS requirements of a people function. The strategy was co-designed with system colleagues and reflects our ambition for how our workforce will operate and evolve over the next 5 years. You can access the NCL People Strategy by clicking here.
The People Strategy sets out the focus areas that we have collectively identified as having the potential to deliver the highest impact. The delivery of the strategy will be across the different levels of the system – region; ICS; organisation; borough (place); neighbourhood – setting out as far as possible, where the right place to deliver the ambitions are.
The NCL Workforce Programme compromises of a number of system projects and workstreams that sit within three key strategic pillars and enablers to deliver our ambition. The strategic pillars are:
- Workforce Supply – Optimising the volume of staff with the right skills and values to achieve our population health improvement outcomes across NCL, sustainably.
- Workforce Development – Continuously improving staff, systems and processes to maximise the talent and assets we have across North Central London
- Workforce Transformation – Utilising technology to drive productivity and efficiency improvements, and further connect our workforce with advanced data and analytics
The North Central London ICS People Board has been formed as a Committee of the ICB Board of Members with the aim of developing and delivering the NCL ICS People Strategy, prioritising high-impact initiatives and providing robust governance. The People Board will also guide and support the development of NCL ICS through workforce transformation in response to the NHS Long Term Plan and People Plan, including delivering against the NCL Population Health Improvement Strategy and aligned to the NCL Recovery Plan.
The People Board will:
- Oversee the development and delivery of the NCL ICS People Strategy and associated plan;
- Recommend the NCL ICS People Strategy to the ICB’s Board of Members for approval and ongoing reviews of the strategy;
- Commit NCL to action, to deliver against the People Strategy;
- Ensure the People Strategy is delivering against the objectives of the ICS;
- Communicate and engage with NCL workforce, promoting NCL People Strategy, workforce programmes and priorities;
- Identify and act on opportunities for cooperation and delivery of priorities;
- Support retention and recruitment of staff across NCL, and act as enablers and champions of system change;
- Agreeing reprioritisation of appropriate ICS People funds within existing budgets.
The People Board Chair is a NCL ICB Non-Executive Member and Board membership will include the following representation from ICS organisations and partners:
- ICB Executives
- Higher Education institutions
- NCL Training Hubs
- Adult Social Care
- Local Authority (non-Adult Social Care)
- North Central London GP Provider Alliance
- North Central London Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (‘VCSE’) Alliance
- Skills for Care
- Workforce, Training & Education Directorate of NHS England (previously Health Education England)
- ICS representative for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Academic Health Science Network representative
- Allied Health Professionals Council or Faculty
For more information email the Workforce Programme Management Office: email@example.com