At the North Central London Integrated Care Board, our mission is to provide the highest quality of care and support to our residents and patients.
Recently, a class of medications called Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists has been approved for weight loss management across the UK. It is our intention to prescribe this medicine as part of a comprehensive weight loss program.
However, during the clinical trials for these medicines, it was discovered that their use provided the optimum benefit for patients when they were prescribed in conjunction with comprehensive support, such as specialised resources, education, and guidance, to maximise their effectiveness and most importantly to ensure they were used safely.
Currently, NCL ICB does not have a service set up to offer this support in addition to these medicines. However, we are diligently working to launch this service promptly, and in the interim, we encourage patients to explore alternative weight loss options that are already established in the system with our healthcare providers. Your health and well-being remain our top priorities, and we apologise for any inconvenience while we set up this vital support system.
There are a number of weight loss management programs you may wish to consider which are listed below.
- Make Every Contact Count – https://www.mecclink.co.uk/london/
- Barnet Council – https://www.barnet.gov.uk/health-and-wellbeing
- Enfield Council – https://new.enfield.gov.uk/healthandwellbeing/
- Camden Council – https://oneyoucamden.org/
- Islington Council – https://www.islington.gov.uk/physical-activity-parks-and-trees/sport-and-physical-activity
- Haringey Council – https://www.haringey.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/health/public-health/healthy-haringey/one-you-haringey
Thank you for your continued trust in NCL ICB as we strive to empower you to achieve successful weight management outcomes.