The North Central London Integrated Care System (NCL ICS) Supply Chain team are proud winners of this year’s Public Sector Supply Chain Excellence Award.
The award recognises how the supply chain teams across NCL provider organisations have collaborated and worked with partner organisations to:
- deliver a new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and NHS supply chain distribution model via a newly established distribution hub. Over 1.8 billion items have been moved so far and significant sustainability benefits have been achieved
- develop a roadmap to implement an Inventory Management solution and Scan4Safety, with over 1.5m items scanned so far across 130k procedures
These achievements are in line with the NCL Supply Chain vision which was created prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, and which focuses on ensuring supply chain visibility and resilience for PPE and clinical and general supplies. Specific objectives are to:
- streamline end-to-end processes to free up valuable clinical time to care, remove unnecessary workarounds, and ensure availability of PPE and clinical and general supplies
- create and embed an organisational infrastructure that maximises materials management involvement in the supply chain and time with clinical teams, thereby delivering a high quality, value driven customer service
- rationalise and integrate systems and physical space, with PPE and clinical and general supplies delivered just in time based on demand
- provide high quality instant supply chain data that enables full visibility, effective decision making, and identification of savings opportunities
More details can be found on the Logistics Manager website by clicking here.