Everyone who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine this autumn can now book an appointment using the national booking service. Those eligible for the vaccine this year are:
- residents in a care home for older adults
- all adults aged 65 years and over
- persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as laid out in the Immunisation Green Book, COVID-19 chapter (Green Book)
- those at any stage of pregnancy
- frontline health and social care workers
- persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts (as defined in the Green Book) of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers (as defined in the Green Book) and staff working in care homes for older adults
Appointments should be made as soon as possible to ensure maximum protection. When you book, you will enter your location details and the system will find you a convenient location. You can then choose a timeslot that suits you.
You can also book an appointment via the NHS App, or by calling 119 for free if you can’t get online.
You may be offered the free flu vaccine this year as well and it is safe to have them both at the same time.
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine will not just protect you but those around you. For more information on the vaccine offer for this year, see the NHS website.