The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has recently advised that the current offers of COVID-19 booster doses should end when this year’s autumn campaign ends on Sunday 12 February.
- 2022-23 seasonal (autumn) booster doses for those eligible
- first booster doses for 16 to 49-year-olds who are not considered at risk and who are yet to have one after their first and second COVID-19 vaccine doses
We want to encourage eligible people to come forward for their boosters on or before this date. A reminder that those eligible for a seasonal booster are:
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women
- those aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- those aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
You can read more about this on the NHS website.