The NHS North Central London Integrated Care Board came into effect on 1 July 2022.
An ICB is a statutory NHS organisation responsible for developing a plan for meeting the health needs of the population, managing the NHS budget and arranging for the provision of health services in the ICS area. The establishment of ICBs resulted in clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) being closed down.
The NHS North Central London Integrated Care Board Executive Management Team is below:
- Interim Chief Executive Officer:Phill Wells
- Chief Medical Officer: Dr Jo Sauvage
- Chief Nursing Officer: Chris Caldwell
- Interim Chief Finance Officer: Bimal Patel (starting 18 December 2023)
- Chief People Officer: Sarah Morgan
- Chief Development and Population Health Officer: Sarah Mansuralli
- Executive Director of Places: Sarah McDonnell-Davies
- Executive Director of Corporate Affairs: Ian Porter
- Executive Director of Performance and Transformation: Richard Dale
Find out more about the team by clicking here to visit the Executive Management Team page.
In April 2020 the five Clinical Commissioning Groups in North Central London (NCL CCGs) – Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington – merged to form one CCG in line with the NHS Long Term Plan. Alongside this, borough partnerships have been formed in each borough to support working at a ‘place’ level and we have 32 thriving primary care networks across the area.
After becoming a single CCG we continued to work closely with Councils, providers, general practices, voluntary and community organisations, to respond to the pandemic. We also continued to progress towards a more strategic approach to commissioning across NCL and within our borough partnerships through continued work on population health, health inequalities and strategic reviews of services.